To import a song, image, or video file that you’ve already uploaded to another website, just type the web address from where the file can be downloaded (i.e. http://www.example.com/mysong.mp3) into the “Upload from a website” box provided on the Content -> Upload page from your dashboard.
We have added some premium content to our catalog recently, but we still have tons of free stuff.
To find free stuff, just go to http://www.myxer.com/search/ and click the “Show no cost items only” checkbox before doing your search.
If can’t find what you want in our catalog, please use the Myxer Ringtone Maker (http://www.myxer.com/make/) to upload and make custom ringtones and wallpapers for your own phone. Make-Your-Own ringtones and wallpapers are always free.
If you are using Internet Explorer, please try this:
- Click on the ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’
- Click on the ‘Security’ tab and click on ‘Custom Level’
- Scroll down and set ‘Include local directory path when uploading files to a server’ to ‘Enable’
- Click ‘Ok’ then click ‘Ok’ again
- Close and reopen Internet Explorer
- Try uploading the file again
Myxer can make ringtones, wallpapers, and videos from just about any common audio or image format.
Popular file formats supported include:
- Audio: MP3, WMA, WAV, and AAC/M4A
- Image: GIF, JPEG, and PNG
- Video: WMV, AVI, MP4, MOV, QT, 3GP, and MPG
The you are using IE7 or IE8 and the upload or customize buttons are not working, check to make sure “Include local directory path when uploading files to a server” is enabled.
1. Open IE
2. Go to Tools -> Internet Options
3. Click on the Security tab
4. Click the “Custom Level” button
5. Scroll down and find “Include local directory path when uploading files to a server” (located half way down)
6. Check “Enable”
We verify that the files the user uploads are of the correct type (we only support audio, images, and video). The file the user receives is actually modified to be the correct type for their phone. Because of this, it would be difficult for any viruses to get onto their phone from our site. I hope this helps.
Myxer accounts are free. This is not a subscription service - there are no recurring fees. If we are ever going to charge you for anything it will be very obvious.
- Myxer does not charge anything for making your own ringtones or wallpapers. Whether you upload songs and images from the make page, or you use the fancy MyxerMagic, we don’t charge you anything for rolling your own.
- Myxer does not charge for sending ringtones, wallpapers, or videos from our catalog (other than clearly-labeled premium content - see next note).
- Premium content costs between $0.49 and $2.99 per item. Premium content is content in the Myxer catalog offered by one of our artists or partners for sale. The retail price, which is always clearly specified, is set by the artist. We will never bill you without obtaining your very specific consent.
- There is no charge for sharing ringtones, wallpapers, or videos with others.
- If you buy something from us, that’s all you bought. We are not a subscription service, and we don’t have any recurring charges.
Note: Depending on your mobile data plan, your carrier might charge you to receive text messages (or PIX messages) or for internet access and data transfer. As the carriers like to say, “Standard carrier rates apply.” The typical 20 second ringtone is about 70kb of data, and a one minute video averages 600kb. Unfortunately, we don’t have any control over carrier charges, so if you’re not sure what your text messaging and data costs are or if you have a pre-paid account, you should check with your carrier first. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
All you need are song or image files available on your computer.
We support most unprotected audio files such as WAV, MP3, WMA, and M4A files generated by WinAmp, iTunes, Windows Media, and most other audio tools. And we support standard image files such as BMP, GIF, and JPG.
Just upload your song or image files to our server and use our online tools to customize your ringtones or wallpapers.
Sorry, but we cannot create ringtones from songs purchased from iTunes (M4P files) or other songs protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM).
Myxer can make ringtones and mobile wallpapers from just about any common audio or image format. We make it easy to upload the original files from your computer right from your artist dashboard. If the source files you want to use are already hosted online we can transfer them to your Myxer account for you.
Popular formats supported include:
MP3, WMA, WAV, and AAC/M4A for audio
GIF, JPEG, and PNG for images, and
WMV, AVI, MP4, MOV, QT, 3GP, and MPG for videos.
Here are a few reasons why uploading a file might fail:
- The file may be too large. Maximum file size is 30 MB.
- It may be an unsupported file type. We support uploading WAV, MP3, M4A, and most WMA files.
- The file may be protected with DRM. We cannot make ringtones or wallpapers from protected files.
- Make sure your browser is configured to accept cookies.
- The file may have international characters. Firefox doesn’t like certain international characters. Try renaming the file or (gulp!) try using Internet Explorer.
- Your internet connection is too slow and the upload timed out.
None of those? Well shoot, send us a note and we’ll take a closer look.